Yesterday, today and tomorrow: the values of ACEF
ACEF – Pharmaceutical and Chemical Company – founded in 1940 in Fiorenzuola D’Arda with the visionary spirit of its founding members, Carlo Gianessi and Arturo Grassi. In the post WWII era of economic development, it supplies a growing number of pharmacies with handcrafted medicines and within a few years ACEF becomes a major supplier of active ingredients.
Thanks to its 75 years of history, today ACEF is recognized within the market as the leading company in the distribution of raw materials for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, galenic use and dietary supplements. Its great strength is to propose a full personalized customer service that meets the needs of both small manufacturers and a big industry. Modern packaging techniques, indeed, allow ACEF to distribute raw materials with various weights, from bulk to packages less than a thousand grams.
These goals have been achieved thanks to the solid values that represent the benchmark of actions and decisions of the company:
- Reliability: ACEF wants to be a reliable landmark in every aspect, to ensure a more customer oriented service.
- Competence: thanks to the experience of its high qualified staff, ACEF offers its customers products of high quality and an elevated knowledge of the industry.
- Attention to the customer requirements: a team of specialists offers non-stop technical and commercial support to ensure a standard of excellence.
- Quality: the quality of the products and the service offered by ACEF is guaranteed by over 25,000 controls per year on the raw materials it offers. The constant research, attention to every detail, and rigorous tests are key to achieving the desired quality.
- Organization and team spirit: to work well it is essential to have an organized and cohesive team; ACEF enhances the talents of every member to reach the goal of the group.
- Passion: curiosity and the desire to constantly reach for higher goals are the ACEF work engine.
A company made of people not only of products
In ACEF people makes the difference: this is one of the cornerstones behind the success of the company over the years. For this reason both individual training and team spirit are valued: feeling part of a large and unique project is crucial to the growth of a qualified, organized and united team.
The attention to customer needs is guaranteed by a team of experts consisting of:
- A sales team: consisting of 18 agents and 12 experts who cover both a national territory and an important international area that provides 360° support on the products;
- Customer service: consisting of 10 people who take care of the customer in the post-sale phase;
- The managers (4 people) of specific departments (cosmetic, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and galenic);
- The scientific team: works in laboratory on quality control and R&D.
The combined action of more than 100 people allows ACEF to offer more than 7,000 products for cosmetic, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and galenic use. Furthermore, the innovative packaging techniques for raw materials, allowing the re-pack in different quantities, gives ACEF a real foothold for those in the industry.
Large spaces for big projects: the industrial area
The structure of ACEF, located in the industrial area of Fiorenzuola D’Arda, spread over an area of approx. 24.000 sqm, of which about 12.000 is covered. The covered area consists of an office building connected to production, storage and laboratory areas.
At the beginning of the activity ACEF only had a small laboratory, today it’s equipped with a modern CQ laboratory, a microbiology laboratory and R&D laboratories for the specific departments.
The buildings, built since 1985, were expanded in 2002 and 2009 to allow the growth of the company. In a constant development process ACEF, since 2015, has implemented further expansion works for the construction of a new building connected to the current production site.
The structure includes:
- 12 weighing rooms of 3 different types (API, class 100000 and MP techniques) for a total of 354 sqm;
- 7 warehouses extending over an area of more than 7.000 sqm;
- The laboratory of analysis (Quality Control) occupying 450 sqm;
- R&D laboratories;
- The main offices that occupy 1.300 sqm;
- Arda Natura, the production area for cosmetic and food raw materials, that extends over 1.000 sqm.
All the re-pack areas have monitored and recorded environmental conditions and an air treatment plant with different levels of filtration, which excludes the possibility of cross contamination.
In addition, since 2010, ACEF – which has always been a green power company – has built with Fiorenergia, a 1 megawatt photovoltaic plant with the purpose of reducing the environmental impact of its production site. The attention to the environment is a fundamental value for ACEF, which, thanks to this, contributes to producing clean and eco-sustainable energy, reducing fuel consumption and consequently air pollution.
The future is built with the action of the present!
Quality and reliability: the certifications of ACEF
To guarantee the quality of the products ACEF has a number of certifications that attest the compliance with high standards.
In particular the certifications of which the company is in possession are:
- Authorization for the treatment of pharmaceutical products since 1992
- Uni EN-ISO 9001 certification since 1995
- Uni EN-ISO 14001 certification since 2020
- UNI ISO 45001 certification and OHSAS 18001 since 2020
- Certification as a pharmaceutical workshop since 2011
- HACCP system since 2008
- BIO certification for cosmetics since 2005
- The organic COSMOS / IONC certification of the German Institute BDIH since 2018
- The natural COSMOS / IONC certification of the German Institute BDIH since 2018
- BIO certification for nutraceuticals since 2017
- RSPO certification (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) since 2019