Arda Natura: the beginning of the new path of ACEF
Arda Natura was founded in 1992 as an ACEF satellite company and specializes in cosmetic and dietetic production of:
- Plant extracts from officinal plants
- Mixtures for food use
Products for the cosmetic industry range between different types of products:
- Glycolic and glyceric extracts: extracts in which the solvent mixture is made up of propylene-water glycol or vegetable-water glycerol; are produced using an extractor that, in addition to working at a higher temperature than the ambient temperature, keeps the solvent in continuous motion, allowing a better and faster extraction.
- Liposoluble Extracts: They are macerated in oil (sunflower or corn) kept at room temperature for a period ranging from 30 days to 2 months with daily agitation. Some liposoluble extracts, however, require extraction at 40 ° -50 ° C.
- Distilled water: produced by steam distillation. The steam, which flows through the plant enriching its volatile components, passes into the condenser and cools down into distilled water.
- Functional Cosmetic Compounds: These are hydrolysed proteins and quaternized proteins (Proquat) that provide excellent conditioning properties for hair and skin care products.
In the diet and integratory field, Arda Natura produces a series of glycerate extracts and provides references with a list of about 100 herbal teas (for preparation of herbal mixtures) and powder.
A manufacturing plant with a high level of safety and environmental respect
The Arda Natura plant – designed to be safe, environmentally friendly and state-of-the-art technologically – is divided into several closely related areas:
- a production area;
- an analysis laboratory for chemical-physical and microbiological control;
- a storage warehouse.
The production unit includes: three turbine extractors, twelve static macerators, two mixers, a continuous vacuum concentrator and a reverse-osmosis and ultrafiltration-purified water production plant connected to the central plant.
All discharges flow into a sewage treatment plant based on the SBR (Sequencing Batch Reactor) system.
In order to prevent any risk of particulate and microbial contamination, the production space is maintained at a higher pressure compared to the external environment.
Every batch produced, goes through our Analysis Laboratory which performs chemical-physical and microbiological control over the semi-finished product and further microbiological control over the finished product. At the end of the analysis a certificate is produced that accompanies each batch of production.
Last but not least, the storage area includes a warehouse for finished products and one for medicinal herbs for sale or production. The latter is equipped with an autonomous conditioning unit that keeps the air at a constant temperature of 22-23 ° C with a relative humidity of 50% so as to guarantee the perfect preservation of the raw materials.